Mrs. Shimek has industry experience in multiple disciplines including piping design, civil design and structural design. She is proficient in AutoCAD, MicroStation and Inventor software. She began her teaching career at Wharton County Junior College in 2001. She currently teaches Technical Drafting, Basic Computer-Aided Drafting, Intermediate Computer-Aided Drafting, Machine Design, Pipe Drafting and Solid Modeling/Design at the Wharton campus.
J.R. Peace Building P-211-B
- A.A.S. Drafting Technology - Wharton County Junior College
- B.S. Technology Leadership, Supervision - University of Houston
- Fluor Daniel - Piping Design
- Houston Steel - Rebar Detailing
- G & W Engineers - Civil Engineering